Our Environmental, Safety & Health team is pleased to share with you the latest edition of our monthly newsletter, frESH Law Horizons: Key Developments in UK & EU Environment, Safety and Health Law and Procedure; providing bite-size updates on EU and UK law, procedure and policy.
The updates covered in this month’s edition include (among others):
- Update to the PPE at work regulations.
- Two Food Standards Agency (FSA) food law consultations opened – Novel Foods and Precautionary Allergen Labelling.
- Sentencing powers of the Magistrates’ Court are to be increased to 12 months’ imprisonment.
- New “Brexit Freedoms Bill” is announced to govern future changes to EU law and retained EU law.
- Consultation is opened on the Office for Environmental Protection’s (OEP) draft strategy and enforcement policy.
- Judgment in two high-profile climate cases goes against the claimants.
- Government publishes the UK’s Third Climate Change Risk Assessment.
- Environment Act 2021 commencement regulations are issued.
- Advertising Standards Agency (ASA) ruling against Oatly in relation to environmental claims in its advertisements.
- European Commission starts revision of waste rules.
- European Commission consults on the right to repair.
- ECHA proposes restriction of PFAS in firefighting foams.
For more detailed information on these developments, download a copy from our website. You can also subscribe to ensure that you receive our most recent edition each month.